Attractions around Taita Taveta
Taita Taveta is a county in Kenya located in the Coast Province. It is home to a number of natural and cultural attractions that are worth visiting. Some of the top attractions in Taita Taveta include:
This is one of the largest and oldest wildlife parks in Kenya. And it is home to a diverse range of animals, including elephants, lions, zebras, giraffes, and more.
- Tsavo West National Park: This park is located in the southern part of Taita Taveta. Its scenic beauty, wildlife, and birdlife are known. It is home to the Mzima Springs, a natural water source that attracts a variety of animals.
- Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is located in the Taita Hills and is home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, and buffalo. Over 300 species of birds are found in the area, making it known for its birdlife.
- Lake Jipe: This is a shallow lake located on the border between Kenya and Tanzania. Over 300 species of birds are found in the area, making it known for its birdlife.
- Wundanyi: This is a small town located in the Taita Hills, known for its scenic beauty and cultural heritage. It is home to the Taita Hills Forest, which is a popular hiking and birdwatching destination.
- Mzima Springs: This is a natural spring located in Tsavo West National Park, known for its crystal-clear water and resident hippos and crocodiles.
- Shomoto Hill: This is a scenic hill located in the Taita Hills, known for its panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Ngangao Forest: This is a pristine forest located in the Taita Hills, known for its unique birdlife and hiking trails.
- Taita Hills Cultural Centre: This is a museum and cultural center located in Wundanyi, dedicated to preserving the cultural heritage of the Taita people.
- Sagalla Hill: This is a scenic hill located in the Taita Hills, known for its panoramic views and hiking trails. Additionally, it is also home to a number of caves that were once used by the Taita people.