- Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center Safaris, Nairobi City County Tour, Nature & Bush Walks
- Kenya, Nairobi, Orphanage, Safari, Wildlife
The Nairobi Animal Orphanage is located at the entrance of Nairobi National Park, with more than 200,000 visitors each year. Established in 1964. it serves as a treatment and rehabilitation center for wild animals, lions, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals, serval cats, rare Sokoke cats, warthogs, leopards, birds, buffalo, monkeys, and baboons.
Where is Animal Orphanage located in Nairobi?
| Adult|| Child/Student|
| SANCTUARIES Nairobi Animal Orphanage/Kisumu Impala/Nairobi Safari Walk Fees|
| Citizens/ Residents|| Ksh 200|| Ksh 100|
| Non Residents|| $20|| $10|
- Respect the privacy of the wildlife, this is their habitat.
- Beware of the animals, they are wild and can be unpredictable.
- Don’t crowd the animals or make sudden noises or movements.
- The Nairobi Animal Orphanage, feeding Giraffe
- Don’t feed the animals, it upsets their diet and leads to human dependence.
- Keep quiet, noise disturbs the wildlife and may antagonize your fellow visitors.
- When viewing wildlife keeps to a minimum distance of 20 meters.
- Leave no litter and never leave fires unattended or discard burning objects.
- Stay over or leave before dusk, visitors must vacate between 6.00 p.m. – 6.00 a.m.
Adopting a lion in Kenya
Children adopt an animal at $15 while adults do so at $ 35. For every $10 paid in the adoption. The Wildlife Conservation and Management Act, 2013 allows Kenyans who meet the criteria set out in the law to possess wild animals. However, it is illegal to be in possession of a wild animal that has been declared an endangered or threatened species, according to Section 92 of the Kenya Wildlife Act 2013
Read Also: Kakamega National Park
Animals found in Nairobi Animal Orphanage
The Orphanage hosts lions, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals, serval cats, rare Sokoke cats, warthogs, leopards, various monkeys, baboons, and buffalo. Various birds can also be viewed including parrots, guinea fowls, crowned cranes, and ostrichesThe Nairobi orphanage host Lion cub, they are fed by caretakers
Animal Orphanage Nairobi opening hours
Opened every day of the week from 8 am to 5 pm
Nairobi Animal Orphanage Contacts
Phone: 020 2379407