Kereita Forest situated in the heart of the Aberdare Ranges. The Forest, provides affordable wide range of adventure activities.
Kereita Forest situated in the heart of the Aberdare Ranges, in the Kereita Forest, provides affordable wide range of activities that will cater to your spirit of adventure, give you that adrenaline rush while you enjoy the amazing view of the forest. The forest boasts of the longest ziplines in Africa.
Kereita Forest Location
Kereita forest is located just an hour away from Nairobi in Kimende Town that is along the Nairobi-Nakuru highway. If driving, on the Nairobi – Nakuru highway, branch off at Total Petrol Station in Kimende. The directions to Kereita are very well indicated all through from there to the location.
You can choose to stop by the Viewpoint on your way there and witness the magnificent view of the Rift Valley.
If using public transport, you can take a matatu heading to Kijabe at the Globe Roundabout in Nairobi. Alight at Kimende and take a taxi to the forest
Kereita Forest Activities
1. kereita zip lining
This is the main event here and it was going to be my therapy and I could feel thrush of blood starting to rush through my veins as I signed for the indemnity forms just in case. After the signing I proceeded to the demo, this is where you are shown how to do Ziplining.
Just tuck your legs or is it knees up and let loose, listen to the whistling of the zipline as you fly away just like a real pro.
Kereita Ziplining Prices
Please note all the prices are equal for Citizen, Resident and Non-Resident.
- The Six Line Tour Adult Kes2,800/Usd28
- The Two-Line Tour Adults Kes1800/Usd18
- Children under 1meter 40Centimeters Kes600/Usd6
Each has different Timing so book in advance and preferred time of arrival
2. Paint Ball At The Kereita Forest Kenya.
If you are not able to do Ziplining for the obvious reasons, you still have something exhilarating at The Kereita Forest Kenya.
The Ball Painting Charges
- Adult: Kes1750/Usd17.5 Child:Kes1600/Usd16. 100 Paintballs, Additional 50 paintballs at Kes500/Usd5.
3. Mountain Biking At The Kereita Forest Kenya
If you are a bike Lover who likes riding in rough terrain. This needs you to have the strength of bike handling, balancing and resilience.
Mountain Bike Charges
- Time: Adult: 1Hour Kes1,000/Usd10 Child 800/Usd8
- 2Hour Kes1,200/Usd12 Child Kes1,000/Usd10
- 4Hours Kes2,000/Usd20 Child Kes1,700/Usd17
4. Archery At Kereita Forest Kenya.
This was another one, how can I miss the bull’s eye? I did not believe my eyes when I missed it the first time.
I took my second shot. Back in my village, Manza B. I was the star kid, our eye bull used to be a banana trunk or Cactus stem and I never used to miss it.
The Archery Charges
- Adult: Kes1,200/Usd12 Child:Kes1,100/Usd11
5. Camping At The Kereita Forest Kenya
The Camping is safe, you will have a guard, bonfire and you can order food from their restaurant avoiding the hassle to cook.
- Camping Fee Adults Kes1,000/10 Child Kes500/5.
- Guard for the Night Kes1,000/Usd 10.
- Guard for the Day Kes600/Usd6.
No Soccer or Golf Skills needed, Go play the game and have fun in the forest with your friends.
Foot Golf Charges
- Adult:1 Hour Kes1,000/Usd10 Child:Kes1,100/Usd8
- Adult: 2 Hour Kes1,600/Usd16 Child:Kes1,100/Usd12
7. Horse Riding At The Kereita Forest Kenya
Ride a Horse at the lush green grass in and out of the forest in a different but incredibly thrilling way.
The Horse Riding Charges
- Time: Adult: 30Mins Kes1,800/usd18 Child 1,300/Usd13
- 1Hour Kes2,200 Child Kes1,700
- 4Hours Kes5,000 Child Kes4,000
- Sweat pants or cargo pants(No Sandals, Shorts nor Skirts)
- Hiking Shoes with good grip.
- Hat in case of the hot sun.
- Warm Clothing in case of change of weather.
- Rain gears & always carry an extra T-shirt.
Kereita Forest Kenya Contacts
Location: Kimende, Kiambu County
Phone Number: 0711 112233