Kilifi is a coastal town in Kenya that is known for its stunning beaches and lush green landscapes. Some of the top sights to visit in Kilifi include:
- Bofa Beach – This pristine white sand beach is surrounded by palm trees. And offers clear blue waters that are ideal for swimming and sunbathing.
- Mnarani Ruins – These ruins are a remnant of a once-thriving Swahili settlement. And they offer a glimpse into the region’s rich history and culture.
- Kilifi Creek – This narrow inlet of the Indian Ocean is a great place for kayaking and fishing.
- Mida Creek – This creek is an important wetland area that is home to a variety of bird species. Making it a popular spot for bird watching.
- Mnarani Marine National Park – This marine reserve is a haven for sea turtles. Dolphins, and other marine animals.
- Kaya Kinondo Sacred Forest – This sacred forest is a protected area that is considered to be one of the most important spiritual sites in Kenya.
- Arabuko-Sokoke Forest Reserve – This reserve is home to over 400 species of birds and several species of primates, Making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
Whether you’re looking to soak up the sun on the beach, explore the rich cultural heritage of Kilifi, or immerse yourself in the beauty of nature, there is something for everyone in this picturesque coastal town.