Samawati Conservancy is located in the Great Rift Valley region of Kenya, about a 3-hour drive northwest of Nairobi. The conservancy borders Lake Naivasha. Which is one of the largest freshwater lakes in Kenya and a popular tourist destination known for its abundant birdlife and scenic beauty.
Samawati Lakeside Cottage is a private property located within the Samawati Conservancy. Offering guests a tranquil retreat with stunning views of the lake and the surrounding hills.
- Boat Rides: Guests can take boat rides on Lake Naivasha to see the diverse bird life and wildlife that call the lake home. There are many species of birds, including eagles, pelicans, herons, and kingfishers.
- Game Drives: Guests can take game drives in the nearby Hell’s Gate National Park or Lake Nakuru National Park to see a variety of wildlife, including giraffes, zebras, buffalos, and even lions.
- Nature Walks: Guests can explore the surrounding countryside on foot and enjoy the natural beauty of the area. There are many hiking trails in the nearby Hell’s Gate National Park and Mount Longonot National Park.
- Cycling: Cycling is a popular activity in the area, and guests can rent bicycles to explore the countryside at their leisure.
- Horse Riding: Horseback riding is another fun way to explore the area around Samawati Lakeside Cottage. Guests can take guided rides through the countryside and enjoy the scenery.
- Fishing: Lake Naivasha is famous for its fish, and guests can try their hand at fishing for tilapia and other species.
- Golf: The nearby Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort offers an 18-hole golf course that is open to guests.
- Spa: The Samawati Lakeside Cottage has a spa where guests can relax and rejuvenate with massages and other treatments.
- Cultural Visits: Guests can visit nearby Maasai villages and learn about the Maasai culture and way of life.
Overall, there are plenty of activities to keep guests entertained and engaged during their stay at Samawati Lakeside Cottage.