Kazuri Beads and Pottery Centre is located in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya. Kazuri, which means “small and beautiful” in Swahili. Started out in 1975 as a small workshop experimenting with making handmade ceramic beads.
Since then, we have developed into a large factory. where we create beautiful, world-class clay jewelry and provide employment to over 300 single mothers in Kenya.Jewelry/Photo
- Visit Kazuri beads factory and pottery centre, Karen Blixen and the giraffe centre tour in Langata, Karen, Nairobi.
- Professional English speaking driver guide.
- Kazuri Beads Factory / Workshop and Pottery Centre, Karen Blixen and the Giraffe Centre Tour departs daily.
A visit to the Kazuri Beads workshop and craft centre takes approximately one hour and here you will see the various processes.
A knowledgeable guide will show you around where you will see the whole process from the molding of raw clay through to the glazing, decorating and threading of beads as finished products. The salesroom is attractively laid out and a beautiful place to visit.Kazuri Beads Factory/photo
Kazuri beads shop opening hours are as follows:
- Sundays 0900 Hours to 1600 Hours.
- Mondays to Saturdays from 0830 Hours am to 1800 Hours.
- Karen Workshop which close Monday to Saturday at 6.00pm and Sundays at 5.00pm.