Places to visit at Machakos
Machakos is a town in Kenya with a rich history and culture. Here are some places to visit in Machakos:
- Machakos People’s Park – This is a popular recreational park that offers a variety of activities such as boating, cycling, and picnics.
- Ol Donyo Sabuk National Park – This park is located about 20 kilometers from Machakos town and offers breathtaking views of Mount Kilimambogo and the surrounding areas.
- Machakos County Museum – This museum showcases the history and culture of the Machakos people. Including artifacts, traditional clothing, and cultural practices.
- Machakos Golf Club – This is a great place to relax and play a round of golf with friends and family.
- Fourteen Falls – This is a spectacular waterfall located about 60 kilometers from Machakos town. It is a popular spot for picnics and day trips.
- Mua Hills – These hills offer stunning views of the surrounding areas and are home to the famous Akamba woodcarvers.
- Kyamwilu Hill – The Kamba people are said to have fought against British colonial forces at this historical site.
- Iveti Forest – This is a great place to go hiking and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Kituluni Hill – This hill is famous for its “anti-gravity” phenomenon. Where objects appear to roll uphill against the force of gravity.
- Masaku 7s Rugby Tournament – This annual rugby tournament is a popular event in Machakos and draws crowds from all over the country.
- The Komarock Shrine – Is a religious site located in the Machakos County of Kenya. Christians frequently visit the shrine located in the Komarock area near Machakos town as it is a well-known pilgrimage site associated with miracles and healing.