- Museums, Nairobi City County Tour, Nature & Bush Walks
- Know Before You Go, Location, Photoshoot Charges, Rates, The Nairobi Railway Museum
The Nairobi Railway Museum
The Nairobi Railway Museum is a railway museum in Nairobi, Kenya, adjoining to Nairobi railway station. Containing reveals from the defunct East African Railways. It changed into opened in 1971 with the aid of using East African Railways and Harbors Corporation. It is operated with the aid of using Kenya Railways.Railways station
Know Before You Go
The museum is positioned withinside the centre of Nairobi close to the railway station and is open each day from 9am-5pm. For the ones journeying and now no longer properly familiar with Nairobi it’d be really useful to take a taxicab to the museum and ask the driving force to attend or name them while you are finished. The front charge for non-Kenyan citizens is presently 600 Kenyan Shillings.Arts at the museum
|Non Residents adult||Kshs 600 (6 USD)|
|Non Resident Student||Kshs 300 (3 USD)|
|Resident adult||Kshs 500|
|Resident student||Kshs 200|
Types of trains at Railways Museum Nairobi
- Stephenson’s 0–2–2 Rocket. …
- NER No. …
- GWR 4000 Class 4–6–0 4003 Lode Star. …
- LMS Stanier Class 5 4-6-0 5000. …
- LNWR G Class (“Super D”) 0–8–0 No. …
- LNER Class A4 4–6–2 4468 Mallard. …
- SR Class Q1 0–6–0 No. …
- BR Standard Class 9F 2–10–0 92220 Evening Star, the last steam locomotive built for British Railways.
- Burger King.
- Travis Air Force Base Bowling.
- Captain D’s Seafood.
If you are interested in having a Photoshoot at the station, you will have to pay a fee for this.
On top of regular entry fees, you will be charged an extra Kshs. 1,000 to do a one-person Photoshoot and Kshs. 10,000 for a group Photoshoot.
These are not official fees but they are the current in-practice fees.Nairobi Railway Museum