Jambo Mara Safari Lodge- Maasai Mara
- Camps, Cottages, Game Night Drive, Hotels, Masaai Village Drive, Nature & Bush Walks, Wildlife, Wildlife Safaris
- Jambo Mara Safari Lodge, Kenya, Location, Tourism, Tours and Safaris
Jambo Mara Safari Lodge is a luxury safari lodge located in the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. The lodge offers accommodation in spacious and well-appointed tents, each with an en-suite bathroom, hot showers, and comfortable beds.
The lodge’s location in the Maasai Mara National Reserve provides guests with a unique opportunity to witness the annual wildebeest migration. This is one of the world’s most spectacular natural events. The reserve is also home to a wide variety of wildlife, including lions, elephants, giraffes, and zebras, making it a popular destination for safari enthusiasts.
The Lodge offers a range of facilities and amenities for guests to enjoy during their stay. Some of these include:
- Accommodation: The lodge offers luxurious and well-appointed tents, each with an en-suite bathroom, hot showers, and comfortable beds. The tents are spacious and provide a comfortable and authentic African experience.
- Restaurant and Bar: The lodge’s restaurant serves a variety of delicious local and international cuisine, including vegetarian and vegan options. The bar offers a selection of beverages, including beers, wines, and cocktails.
- Swimming Pool: The lodge features a beautiful outdoor swimming pool, perfect for relaxing after a long day of game drives or other activities.
- Spa: The lodge has a spa offering a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and other beauty therapies. The spa provides a tranquil and serene environment for guests to unwind and relax.
- Game Drives and Safari Activities: Guests can enjoy a variety of safari activities, including game drives, guided nature walks, bird watching, and cultural visits to nearby Maasai villages. The lodge’s expert guides will provide a unique and educational safari experience.
- Conference Facilities: The lodge also has conference facilities, making it an ideal location for business meetings, corporate events, and team-building activities.
A range of accommodation options are provided this includes:
- Deluxe Tents: The Deluxe tents are spacious and well-appointed, with an en-suite bathroom, hot showers, and comfortable beds. The tents are decorated with local Maasai art and furnishings, providing a unique and authentic African experience.
- Family Tents: The Family tents are larger and can accommodate up to four people. They feature an en-suite bathroom, hot showers, and comfortable beds. The tents are perfect for families or groups traveling together.
- Honeymoon Suite: The Honeymoon Suite is a luxurious and romantic tent, perfect for couples. It features a large king-size bed, a private outdoor bathtub, and a spacious veranda with stunning views of the reserve.
Jambo Mara Safari Lodge Charges
Jambo Mara Safari Lodge charges vary depending on the season and the type of accommodation selected. This includes all meals, non-alcoholic drinks, game drives, and other safari activities.
The rates for the Deluxe tents start at around $370 per night, while the rates for the Family tents start at around $470 per night. The rates for the Honeymoon Suite start at around $500 per night.
These rates are subject to change, so it is always advisable to check with the lodge for the latest rates and availability.
How to get there
The lodge can be accessed by air or by road.
By Air: The nearest airport to the lodge is Mara Serena Airport. It is located about 30 minutes away by road. Daily flights are available from Nairobi’s Wilson Airport, and other airports in Kenya
By Road: Guests can also reach the lodge by road. The journey from Nairobi takes about 5-6 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The lodge is accessible via the Narok and Sekenani gates.
Best time to visit Jambo Mara Safari Lodge
This depends on what you would like to see and experience during your safari. The Maasai Mara National Reserve is a year-round destination. Here are some factors to consider when deciding the best time to visit:
Wildlife Viewing: The best time for wildlife viewing is during the dry season from July to October when animals tend to gather around water sources.
The Great Migration: The wildebeest migration is one of the world’s most spectacular natural events. This is when millions of wildebeest, zebras, and gazelles moving across the Serengeti and Maasai Mara in search of fresh grazing. The best time to witness the migration is from July to September.
Bird Watching: The best time for bird watching is during the rainy season from November to April when migrant birds visit the region.
Overall, the best time to visit Jambo Mara Safari Lodge is from July to October, during the dry season when wildlife viewing is at its best, and the wildebeest migration is in full swing.